Troop 765 Scribe Notes
- Schedule Ideas:
- Bring back lottery. (Amal in charge)
- Start meeting at 6:45 regardless of who is present.
- Play the game from the skills instruction from the week before before doing that week’s skills instruction.
- Don’t walk into the meeting while flags are going on. It is disrespectful.
- Possibly cancel a meeting so that every patrol can have their patrol outing on that day at that time.
- Other Ideas
- Make sure that patrol leaders get the contact info of all of their scouts.
- Sewing day will be coordinated by the parents.
- Donut sales: Feb. 14 (1st shift: DA 2nd shift: Dwaggeenz)
- Make sure you forward your emails to your patrol also to Mr. Lee so he knows that the patrols are doing something.
- Greeters must know that new scouts do not get their neckerchief until they reach the rank of scout.
- New requirements are being made so patrol leaders should learn those new skills.
- Feb. 28: Balboa Cleanup (SIC is needed)
- Staff is needed for the upcoming camporee.
- NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) will take place this summer.
- Order of the Arrow elections must take place before the bridging of new scouts. (It is not a popularity contest)
- Feb. 7: St. Therese Scout Sunday: Help wanted for the pancake breakfast (Dwayne and Mr. Altamirano)
- Feb. 19-21: Joshua Tree Camp (Mr. Altamirano)
- Take responsibility for the things you do: It will make you do better.
- Assist a scout trying to do something on their own even if they say they have control.
- Your patrol’s main goals can change around from time to time.
- Personal Management Merit Badge 1/30/16 (Juan)
- Greeter: Blue Angels
- Setup: Hydra
- Flags: A10
- Skills Instruction: Boss
- Game: Dwaggeenz
Position Name Assistants for Patrol Leaders 11/24/2015 1/26/2016 SPL Surya x ASPL Ethan x x ASPL Amal x x Instructor Spencer x x Guide Evan x x Scribe Nikhil x x Webmaster Tompson (Jeffery Mentor) x Quartermaster-Meetings Sean Cooney x x Quartermaster-Events Trevor x Leave No Trace Trainer Gabe x OA Representative Harmon Historian Nick Volpe x Patrol Leader-DA Jeffery Jacob x x Patrol Leader-Blue Angels Miguel Justin x x Patrol Leader-Hydra Estaban Tyler x x Patrol Leader-Boss Chris Brody x Patrol Leader-Dwaggeenz Dwayne Will x Patrol Leader-A10 Eric Max Meiner x x Chaplain’s Aide Juan x Librarian Liam Den Chief Alex Snodgrass
- Patrol Corners (Plan evens about patrol topic and/or skills instruction.):
- Hydra: Joshua Tree Campout (patrol topic: camping)
- DA: Communications (Skills Instruction)
- A10: Jim will send out an email about the skills instruction.
- Boss: Phone caddy (patrol topic: service)
- Dwaggeenz: Homeless Shelter La Posada
- Blue Angels: Knots that nobody knows (skills instruction) Fingerprinting and Pulp and Paper Merit Badge Day + Environmental Science and Oceanography Merit Badge Day (Max’s Mom)
- Skills Instruction: Boss (Cold Weather Preparedness)
- Game: Dwaggeenz (Safety Afloat Skills Relay) (Winner: Blue Angels)
- Scout Sunday this Sunday (9:00 AM Feb. 7) (Altar Servers Wanted)
- Pancake Breakfast on Scout Sunday after the Church
- Joshua Tree Feb. 19-21 (Mr. Altamirano) (Albert Hwang)
- Make sure your patrol is engaging the audience in its skills instructions.
- Recycled sweatshirts are with Mr. Taylor.
- Sewing Day next week
- Scoutmaster’s Minute (Mr. Altamirano): Your neckerchief represents the Scout Oath.
Scout MTG DATE: 12/1/2015 12/8/2015 (OH) 12/15/2015 1/12/2015 1/19/2016 2/2/2016 2/2/2016 2/9/2016 Abhinav P x x Adam Salem Aidan Murphy Aidan Peterson Alan Zhou Albert Hwang x x x x x Alec Wright x Alex (New) x x Alex Chatroo x x x Alex Snodgrass x x x Amal Shah x x x x Andrew Kang x Andrew Kuhn Andrew Nelson x x x Anthony Frank x x Ari Schweitzer x x x Ben Young x Bennett Brizes Benjamin (new) x x Blake Thompson Bolwin x Brandon Daly x x x Brendan Lockwood Brian Slonim Brody Fleming x Christopher Caligari x x x x Cole Chodorow x x x x x Conner Hunt Daniel Chekal x x x x Daniel Knapp x x x Daniel Lee x x x Daniel Widhopf x x x Dashiell Kolb x x David Wang x x DJ Knapp x Dwayne Pereira x x x x Dylan (New) x x Dylan Kearse x x Edward Zhang Edwin Lim x x Eli Rodi x x x x Emanuele Rimini x x x x x x Eric Chang x x x x x Eric Park x x x Esteban Lau x x x x x Ethan Lee x x x x x x Evan (New) x Evan Levine x Gabriel Altamirano x Geon-woo Lim Gus Lundquist x x x Harmon Jones Jack Loughery Jacob Sur x x Jason (New) x Jason Tang Jasper Blume x x x x x x Jeffrey Taylor x x x x x Jim Luo x x x Joaquin Martinez x x Juan Cardenas x x x x Justin Lee x x x x x x Kenn Lee Kobe Bilstad Liam Riley x x x Lukas Nepomuceno x x x x x x Maxim Kim Max Ludena x x x x x x Max Meinert x x x x x x Michael Taylor x x Miguel Nepomuceno x x x x Mike Rotch x Nathan Neff x x x Nathaniel Mannor x Nicholas Grecco x x x Nicholas Sykes Nicholas Volpe x x Nikhil Jain x x x x x x Owen Riley x x Patrick Mitchell Paul Marlowe Quinn Oliver Ricky Bramble Rory Clarke x x Ryan Sun x x x x x x Ryan Clairmont x x x x Sathya Venugopal x x x Sean Cooney x x x x x x Shaun Paul Spencer Lee x x x x Surya Venugopal x x Tomson Hsu x x x x x Trevor Ewing x x x Tyler Kearse x x x x x Weston Yang Will Volpe x x x x
- Patrol Corners (Skills Instructions; Patrol Outings)
- Boss: Cold Weather Preparedness; Go Karting
- Blue Angels: Knots that no one knows how to tie yet; Sky High
- Hydra: Meal Planning; Deciding
- A10: First Aid; In and Out and Movie (Zootopia)
- Dwaggeenz: First Class Requirement 9A; Go Karting
- DA: Communications; Deciding
- Rank Quarters
- Skills Instruction: Dwaggeenz (First Class Requirement 9A)
- Speak loudly and clearly during your announcements.
- Respond to all your emails to make sure that the sender knows you are reading them. (Respond “I read this email.” to this email so I know you read the notes.)
- Feb. 8 is Scout Sunday so on Feb. 7, you can celebrate it at your place of worship. (Arrange with Mr. Sur or Mr. Altamirano.)
- Sign up with Juan to help Pack 720 with one of their activities.
- Juan and Mr. Chodorow will be holding the Personal Management merit badge.
- Sea World is letting scouts in Class A uniforms in for free during the month of January.
- The Carmel Valley 5K is an opportunity of service hours. (Ms. Seki)
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Making little goals can eventually lead to making good habits.
Troop Activities :
Hydra Patrol hosted a scrabble – like game for the troop about things to bring when going camping.
The Boss Patrol did a fitness skills instruction to the troop then did a mini inter patrol relay games based on fitness.
At Patrol Corners, the patrols reviewed their goals and the older scouts signed off younger scouts requirements.
Snow Camp has been canceled due to the lack of snow in the mountains.
Scout Fair – AIC is Mr. Clarke. No information otherwise.
3 new Tenderfoot Scouts – Sathya, Liam, and Andrew K. Congratulations.
2 new Second Class scouts – Christopher and Eric C. Congratulations.
3 new First Class Scouts – Nicholas G., Daniel W., and Jeffrey T. Congratulations.
Come Build Hope brief announcement.
Camp Cuyamaca – SIC Gabriel A. February 27-29? $25 per per scout.
USD Sunday February 14 1:00 SIC Daniel W.
Trailer cleaning – February 13th or 15th
Have a good day.
Albert, Troop Scribe
~ Upcoming dates… Click Me!
~ New photo sharing site
~ Schedule Changes – We will be having Patrol Meetings during the last 15 minutes of every regular meeting to eliminate half an hour of goofing off every patrol meeting
~ Camp Balboa – New scouts will be included so it must be up to standards.
~ Remember the START, STOP, and CONTINUE method – What should we start doing, what should we stop doing, and what should we continue doing during events that we are in charge of.
~ Discussed leadership position goals – Goals for the troop are to have fun and communicate better
Special Thanks to: Aragon and my mom! Scribe Notes 1/14/14
– 5 new scouts from Pack 720.
– about 30 scouts in our troop attendance today.
– Skills instruction of orienteering skills of navigating, maps 2 types, paces/
strides, compasses followed by a game of treasure hunt finding the North
Star to start the hunt .
– Revisited the resolutions with a winner of a Jamba Juice gift card –
winner was #309366 – must be present to win- and he was Rory!
– Cole announce his eagle project is starting February 1-2, 8 and 9 9am –
– Shirts tucked in from now on from mr c. and read the mags from scouts
– Mr. C will do heritage and personal mgmt sign ups – 6 PM next week
– 2/28 – IOLS training overnight for parents
– Camp Balboa 3/28 wknd for new scouts. :O
– Not getting new e mails- see Mrs. Lee
– Cooking Badge sign up with mr Clark
– Summer Camp is sign up now, price is $450, deposit $100, checks go
to Dr. Harmon
– Service Credit and helping out on eagle projects 2/15 Les Tern Habitat
SiC is Aragon and AiC Dr. Harmon
– Jim announced Food Bank event 9-11:30 this Saturday with carpool at
Ashley falls 8:30 meet time
– CoH on 2/11/14 Finish those blue cards and conferences, yo!
– Scoutmaster minute: Listening for team to perform just like Chargers
timeout….out of time for Simon says…
Attendance (Those who signed sheet)!
Aragon Edwin Thompson Cole Alex C. Rory Colin
Quin Something Gabe Edward Brandon Harmon
Evan Ben Junmin Nate Spencer Miguel Jim
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Xmas Caroling Feedback
– I liked making old people happy – Gabe!
– I liked happy people – Miguel!
– I liked the hat – Alex!
– It was fun – Nicholas!
– I liked ruling over my peasants – Cole!
– Basketball Game is coming up :O !
– Food Bank – Jan 18 – SIC’s are Jim and Rory!
– Lake Arrowhead Summer camp – Circle X – July 26 – by Feb have a $100 deposit!
– We are doing a New Years Resolution Contest and an electronic copy will be coming
as soon as I receive it.
Scribe Notes 8/6/13
Scribe Notes 7/30
(Thank you Miguel for taking notes for me)Attendance
ThompsonNotesBefore meeting we picked up trash(including some pretty interesting trash)
Got new troop class b’s
Exploding squirrels gave skills instruction on proper care of stoves
Assigned sic’s for events
Played Gaga (Miguel, Aragon, and Chris won)Summer camp on Sunday!
So pack and get ready to have the wors-I mean…BEST time ever!
Scribe Notes 7/9/13
Happy 4th of July weekend
- We are picking up trash next meeting for service hours
- Bring work gloves unless you like picking up trash with your bare hands
- You can wear Class B’s to meetings now or Class A if you really want to show scout spirit
- New class B shirts and jackets will be here in two weeks
- Shirts will be $10
- We will be playing Ga-Ga at meeting more often during the summer
Things we did
- Gnarly Narwhals did a skills instruction on setting up a tent (which is something EVERY self respecting scout should know)
- Played 2 games of Gaga (Chris won both times)
- Assigned SIC’s for events
- We have many events planned but if no one signs up to be in charge for them, they will be cancelled. And we like events!
- If you are having trouble contacting people in your patrol, call them instead of just emailing. People feel guiltier after ignoring calls than emails. Trust me.
- You can wear Class B to meetings now. No Class C’s! (regular clothes not affiliated with BSA)
Scribe Notes Patrol meeting 6/11/13
6/4/13 General Meeting
- Take first aid seriously because one day someone might actually need it (like me)
- We tied Camporee
- Broke up into patrols to plan Troop feast meals
- Never mind! Troop feast POSTPONED!
- Orienteering first class requirement(may be part of a hike)
- Rock Climbing merit badge
- Night Hike
- Deep Sea fishing merit badge (campout)
- Go Kart
- La Jolla cove Beach day
- Field day
- Iron Mountain Hike
- Mt. Woodson Hike
- Whitney Hike
- Camp Pendleton Bike
- Shooting Sports weekend
- Whitewater rafting
- Snow Camp
- Drink lots of water
- Be careful with knives (real careful)
- And always have your first aid kit
Scribe Notes 5/28/13 (PLC)