Troop 765 Scribe Notes
Here are the notes and attendance from the recent troop meeting. Remember that next week is troop elections and to give Ethan any designs you have for the troop shirt. Also, tell me if you were incorrectly marked absent for any troop meetings. Please respond and have a great week!
Troop Positions Explained by current PLC members
Skills Instruction (Dwaggeenz: Time Management)
Game (DA: Simon Says) (Tie between multiple people)
Troop Elections are next week.
Summer Camp meeting on May 19 an hour before the troop meeting.
AIC needed for backpacking trip. (Dwayne)
RSVP (respond) to emails.
Doughnut sales every second Sunday of the month. (May – 1st Shift: Dwaggeenz 2nd Shift: DA)
Give Ethan your Troop Shirt Designs
- SM: Lead others by making the people you lead do better jobs.
Here are the notes and attendance for April’s PLC Meeting. This was the last PLC meeting for this term and the new PLC members will be elected during the Troop Election, which is planned to be done on May 10. If you want a leadership position for the next term, turn in you forms (forms for requesting a leadership position) at the May 3 troop meeting. Please reply and have a great week!
Court of Honor in three weeks.
Troop Elections will be in two weeks.
Troop Elections form should be turned in at the next meeting.
Patrol leaders should train assistants to be the next patrol leader.
OA Meeting: OA Representatives should go.
Fort Rosecrans May 28 (SIC: Miguel ASIC: Jeffery)
San Diego County Fair Flag Raising on June 26 (SIC: Gabriel)
Upcoming responsibilities for the next meetings (including skills instructions) will be on the Responsibility Sheet. (Ethan)
May 27-29: Building Houses (Mr. Lao)
Make sure activities are planned enough time in advance.
Wings of Freedom this Weekend (Community Service Hours – Supporting Veterans) (Tyler)
Donations to Ecuador Relief on Saturday, 7 AM to 5 PM (April 30) (Tyler and Evan L.) (Mr. Lee)
Personal Management May 7 at Juan’s House
Swimming Merit Badge this Sunday
May Donut Sales (1st Shift: Dwaggeenz 2nd Shift: DA) (2nd Sunday of the Month)
Things PLC did good this term: Organization, Being timely, Making sure people wear their uniforms.
Things PLC needs to improve on: Scouts listening to patrol leaders, scouts acting more mature and responsible.
Ideas to help younger scouts: Being slightly more strict with them, occupying them with activities, three strike system, parents mentoring new scouts.
Scouts need to be more serious about planning and performing events.
PLC can assist you with patrol events.
Give you knowledge to others so they can spread it (purpose of skills instruction).
Plan well for your skills instruction.
Unit Backpacking (SIC: Dwayne): Planned to happen around the end of May.
Shirt Designs (Ethan) (Deadline: Two weeks): Propose ideas for our troop shirt design.
- This PLC should attend the next PLC to help with planning.
- Skills Instruction (DA: Communications)
- Game (Blue Angels: Knots Relay Race)
- Patrol Corners (Plan an Event and Next Skills Instruction)
- Dwaggeenz: Time Management and Teamwork Discussions
- DA: Skills Instruction on How to Escape from Animals Planning
- Blue Angels: Mystery Merit Badge Day and Plants Skills Instruction Planning
- A10: Broken Bones Skills Instruction Planning
- Boss: Cooking and Miramar Speedway Outing Planning
- Hydra: Planning Skills Instruction
- Physical Fitness Requirement coming soon for both first and second tests (Evan Levine)
- PLC and Parent Meeting Next Week at Ashley Falls
- Flag Raising at San Diego County Fair on July 1 (Sign Up)
- Camporee this Weekend (Permission Slips and Money need to be turned in)
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Doing a good deed always feels great.
- Patrol Corners
- Dwaggeenz: Planned Skills Instruction and Camporee Preparation
- A10: Importance of Camporee, emails, and Scout Fair
- Boss: Go Karting and Scout Fair
- Blue Angels: Skills Instruction Preparation
- Hydra: Patrol Event and Game for Skills Instruction
- DA: Skills Instruction, Patrol Outing, and Game
- Skills Instruction (Blue Angels: Knots)
- Game (Hydra: Food Pyramid) Winner: Blue Angels
- Help for Scout Fair on Saturday (Jeffery and Estaban)
- Serving Chili Cheese Fries at Scout Fair
- Camporee from 4/23-4/25 (Theme: Saving the world) (Ethan)
- 5 mile hike being planned
- Make sure you tell Dwayne what backpack you brought in from the backpacking trip.
- Win a pair of headphones in the game next meeting by the Blue Angels.
- New Scout Introductions
- Unit Backpacking Share Out
- Congratulations to DA for bringing 100 cans for the Food Bank! (You get pizza at Ashley Falls from 6 to 6:15 on 4/19 before this week’s meeting!)
- Sign up for the Swimming Merit Badge (Tentative Date: 4/30)
- Sell Scout Books (You are responsible for bringing back either the scout books, money, or a combination of both adding up to $50)
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Care for others, stay positive, and respect others (CPR).
- OA Elections (Results next week)
- Backpacking Trip Discussion
- Skills Instruction (Hydra: Balanced Meals)
- Game (A10: Jeopardy on Burns)
- Swimming Merit Badge and Requirements: Sign up with Emanuele
- Food Bank Next Week
- Take home flyers that you get during the meetings.
- Scout Fair Coming Up: Sell Coupon Books
- Chili Cheese Fries will be cooked during the Scout Fair and Merit Badges will be available at the Scout Fair.
- Backpacking Trip: Get a Sleeping Bag and Mess Kit (Mr. Rody, Evan Levine, Dwayne)
- Sign up for the upcoming Camporee
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Always be respectful: Admire everyone for who they are
- A10: Game
- Boss: Cleanup
- Hydra: Skills Instruction
- DA: Setup
- Dwaggeenz: Greeters
- Blue Angels: Flags
- 4/9/16: Mataguay Scout Ranch Backpacking Trip
- Dwayne will send email
- Basics for backpacking and overnight camp
- Tents, backpack, stove, mess kits
- Next one is in may 14-15
- SIC: Evan Levine
- Leave at 6:00 am on 4/9
- Scout Fair
- Jeffrey: SIC
- Jose Lau: ASIC
- Chili cheese fries will be made.
- BSA apparel things
- New design
- Making beanies, shirts, and sweaters (vote)
- Patrol Leader reminders
- Great Job
- Google group for patrols
- Camporee 4/22-4/24
- AIC: Mr. Meinert SIC: Ethan Lee
- Older Scouts: Leaders
- Looking for pioneering planners
- New Scout Patrol Separation
- Patrol Corners: Outing We Liked or Want to See
- Blue Angels: Rowboating
- A10: Mataguay Shooting Sports Day
- DA: Sky High
- Dwaggeenz: Community Service and In and Out
- Boss: Go Karting
- Hydra: Movie
- Skills Instruction (Meetings)
- Totin Chip Signing
- Camp Balboa Share-Out
- Scouting for Food is going on during meetings.
- Always put up your scout sign when someone else does.
- Librarian (Liam) has lots of merit badge and reading books.
- Swimming Merit Badge (including some rank requirements) (Emanuele)
- Thank you to the people at the Cemetery Cleanup
- April 9-10: Unit Backpacking (Mr. Rody)
- Lot of stuff in the Lost and Found (Mr. Taylor)
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: When opportunity knocks, take it and be prepared for it. When opportunity doesn’t come to you, make your own opportunities.
- Balboa Planning
- Rain Skills Instruction (Brandon, Miguel, Spencer)
- Balboa Schedule Review (Bring Scout Books)
- More Balboa Planning
- Cemetery Cleanup this Weekend 8 AM – 12 PM (Gabriel)
- Summer Camp Mandatory Meeting Before Next Meeting from 6 – 6:30 (Choosing your merit badges (ocean merit badges recommended))
- Scout Shirts available on Friday for Balboa
- IRLS Training for Parents
- Citizenship in the Community available if enough people join up
- Bring a Watch to Balboa
- No Scoutmaster’s Minute
- New Scout Introductions
- Balboa Planning
- Balboa on March 11-13: $25 (Money and Permission Slips due Tues.) (Sign up online) (Brandon)
- First Aid/CPR Class: March 19 (Ashley Falls) ($45) (Sean)
- Scouting for Food: Starting Next Week during the Meeting (Juan)
- Help Clean up the Cemetery at St. Therese on 3/12
- Donut Sales are canceled due to being on the weekend on Balboa, but can be done if enough people come.
- Mataguay Summer Camp (Mr. Meinart)
- Pacific Coast Ramona Camporee: April 22-24 (Mr. Meinart)
- Care Packages are being sent the Rescuers by Max Meinart (If any contributions, contact Mr. Meinart)
- Quartermasters for Balboa need to clean and organize their patrol box utensils for HW.
- No Scoutmaster’s Minute
- Ideas from Last Meeting:
- Lottery: Mr. Altamirano has materials and Amal is in Charge, Attendance and Uniforms are getting better, tickets are given to people who come on time, prizes are given only at the end of the term (idea), summer games could be used to obtain tickets.
- Patrol leaders need to tell scouts not to come in during flags. (They will be let in after Chaplain’s Aid.)
- Patrol leaders need to get contact info of their scouts. (HW)
- Patrol leaders need to get members involved in skills instructions.
- Parents need to let their scouts read the emails.
- If things are written down, there is no doubt about what it is.
- Upcoming Events:
- Community Serve Day (Trevor): 28-31 scouts attending.
- Competition for New Shirt Design: Reward is a free shirt and sweatshirt with your design.
- CPR/First Aid Training (Sean): Location being found.
- Scouting for Food (Juan): Collecting Bags will be passed out next meeting.
- Camp Balboa (Brandon): Campsites booked, Team Members being recruited, cooking to be similar to troop feast, meal planning needed as soon as possible, new utensils will be brought, scouts will be taught how to use new utensils, cooking utensils need to be organized correctly in patrol boxes.
- Pioneering Projects: Build things to help us during campouts, need to practice lahing, skills instruction for cooking and pioneering at Balboa.
- Patrol Outing on Tues. meeting after Balboa.
- Friends of Scouting: Awards for the Troop and Fundraising
- Merit Badge Presentations
- Rank Advancement
- Mr. Altamirano given awards for his scouting service.
- Feb. 28: Community Serve Day (Trevor)
- First Aid/CPR Training in March (Sean)
- Joshua Tree (Albert): Turn in check for camp.
- Camp Balboa in March (Brandon)
- Joshua Tree: Help with Trailer
- Feb. 28: ACM Meeting
- PLC/Parent Meeting Next Week
- Slideshow (Historian Nick Volpe)
- Webelos Scout Introductions
- Patrol Corners (Outings and Skills Instructions)
- Joshua Tree Meal Planning (During Patrol Corners)
- Game (Boss) (Cold Weather Preparedness Jeopardy) Winner: A10
- Skills Instruction (A10) (Burns)
- Community Serve Day on Feb. 28 (Mrs. Clarke and Trevor Ewing)
- April 22: Camporee (Ethan and Anthony are scouts in charge)
- Liam is the Librarian: Contact him for merit badge books.
- Outdoor Ethics Awareness Award (Online) and Conservation Good Turn Award (Community Work) (Bulletin Board) (Mr. Taylor)
- Carpooling needed for Joshua Tree (Mr. Altamirano) (Albert Hwang)
- Scouting for Food (March and April) (Mrs. Lee) (Juan) (Bring cans during the meetings)
- Making Homes in Mexico on Memorial Day Weekend (Mr. Lau) (Passports Needed)
- Camping Book Donated to the Library by Mr. Altamirano
- Mr. Altamirano needs you to sign your name in for Joshua Tree (A 2nd sign-in sheet for people who already signed up)
- 2nd payment for Summer Camp Coming Up (Mr. Altamirano will be collecting it)
- Congratulations to everyone who helped out at Scout Sunday
- Thank you for everyone who helped out at the Pancake Breakfast
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Camp Balboa is a good experience for young scouts and try your best to do a good turn daily.
- Schedule Ideas:
- Bring back lottery. (Amal in charge)
- Start meeting at 6:45 regardless of who is present.
- Play the game from the skills instruction from the week before before doing that week’s skills instruction.
- Don’t walk into the meeting while flags are going on. It is disrespectful.
- Possibly cancel a meeting so that every patrol can have their patrol outing on that day at that time.
- Other Ideas
- Make sure that patrol leaders get the contact info of all of their scouts.
- Sewing day will be coordinated by the parents.
- Donut sales: Feb. 14 (1st shift: DA 2nd shift: Dwaggeenz)
- Make sure you forward your emails to your patrol also to Mr. Lee so he knows that the patrols are doing something.
- Greeters must know that new scouts do not get their neckerchief until they reach the rank of scout.
- New requirements are being made so patrol leaders should learn those new skills.
- Feb. 28: Balboa Cleanup (SIC is needed)
- Staff is needed for the upcoming camporee.
- NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) will take place this summer.
- Order of the Arrow elections must take place before the bridging of new scouts. (It is not a popularity contest)
- Feb. 7: St. Therese Scout Sunday: Help wanted for the pancake breakfast (Dwayne and Mr. Altamirano)
- Feb. 19-21: Joshua Tree Camp (Mr. Altamirano)
- Take responsibility for the things you do: It will make you do better.
- Assist a scout trying to do something on their own even if they say they have control.
- Your patrol’s main goals can change around from time to time.
- Personal Management Merit Badge 1/30/16 (Juan)
- Greeter: Blue Angels
- Setup: Hydra
- Flags: A10
- Skills Instruction: Boss
- Game: Dwaggeenz
- Patrol Corners (Plan evens about patrol topic and/or skills instruction.):
- Hydra: Joshua Tree Campout (patrol topic: camping)
- DA: Communications (Skills Instruction)
- A10: Jim will send out an email about the skills instruction.
- Boss: Phone caddy (patrol topic: service)
- Dwaggeenz: Homeless Shelter La Posada
- Blue Angels: Knots that nobody knows (skills instruction) Fingerprinting and Pulp and Paper Merit Badge Day + Environmental Science and Oceanography Merit Badge Day (Max’s Mom)
- Skills Instruction: Boss (Cold Weather Preparedness)
- Game: Dwaggeenz (Safety Afloat Skills Relay) (Winner: Blue Angels)
- Scout Sunday this Sunday (9:00 AM Feb. 7) (Altar Servers Wanted)
- Pancake Breakfast on Scout Sunday after the Church
- Joshua Tree Feb. 19-21 (Mr. Altamirano) (Albert Hwang)
- Make sure your patrol is engaging the audience in its skills instructions.
- Recycled sweatshirts are with Mr. Taylor.
- Sewing Day next week
- Scoutmaster’s Minute (Mr. Altamirano): Your neckerchief represents the Scout Oath.
- Patrol Corners (Skills Instructions; Patrol Outings)
- Boss: Cold Weather Preparedness; Go Karting
- Blue Angels: Knots that no one knows how to tie yet; Sky High
- Hydra: Meal Planning; Deciding
- A10: First Aid; In and Out and Movie (Zootopia)
- Dwaggeenz: First Class Requirement 9A; Go Karting
- DA: Communications; Deciding
- Rank Quarters
- Skills Instruction: Dwaggeenz (First Class Requirement 9A)
- Speak loudly and clearly during your announcements.
- Respond to all your emails to make sure that the sender knows you are reading them. (Respond “I read this email.” to this email so I know you read the notes.)
- Feb. 8 is Scout Sunday so on Feb. 7, you can celebrate it at your place of worship. (Arrange with Mr. Sur or Mr. Altamirano.)
- Sign up with Juan to help Pack 720 with one of their activities.
- Juan and Mr. Chodorow will be holding the Personal Management merit badge.
- Sea World is letting scouts in Class A uniforms in for free during the month of January.
- The Carmel Valley 5K is an opportunity of service hours. (Ms. Seki)
- Scoutmaster’s Minute: Making little goals can eventually lead to making good habits.
Troop Activities :
Hydra Patrol hosted a scrabble – like game for the troop about things to bring when going camping.
The Boss Patrol did a fitness skills instruction to the troop then did a mini inter patrol relay games based on fitness.
At Patrol Corners, the patrols reviewed their goals and the older scouts signed off younger scouts requirements.
Snow Camp has been canceled due to the lack of snow in the mountains.
Scout Fair – AIC is Mr. Clarke. No information otherwise.
3 new Tenderfoot Scouts – Sathya, Liam, and Andrew K. Congratulations.
2 new Second Class scouts – Christopher and Eric C. Congratulations.
3 new First Class Scouts – Nicholas G., Daniel W., and Jeffrey T. Congratulations.
Come Build Hope brief announcement.
Camp Cuyamaca – SIC Gabriel A. February 27-29? $25 per per scout.
USD Sunday February 14 1:00 SIC Daniel W.
Trailer cleaning – February 13th or 15th
Have a good day.
Albert, Troop Scribe
~ Upcoming dates… Click Me!
~ New photo sharing site
~ Schedule Changes – We will be having Patrol Meetings during the last 15 minutes of every regular meeting to eliminate half an hour of goofing off every patrol meeting
~ Camp Balboa – New scouts will be included so it must be up to standards.
~ Remember the START, STOP, and CONTINUE method – What should we start doing, what should we stop doing, and what should we continue doing during events that we are in charge of.
~ Discussed leadership position goals – Goals for the troop are to have fun and communicate better
Special Thanks to: Aragon and my mom! Scribe Notes 1/14/14
– 5 new scouts from Pack 720.
– about 30 scouts in our troop attendance today.
– Skills instruction of orienteering skills of navigating, maps 2 types, paces/
strides, compasses followed by a game of treasure hunt finding the North
Star to start the hunt .
– Revisited the resolutions with a winner of a Jamba Juice gift card –
winner was #309366 – must be present to win- and he was Rory!
– Cole announce his eagle project is starting February 1-2, 8 and 9 9am –
– Shirts tucked in from now on from mr c. and read the mags from scouts
– Mr. C will do heritage and personal mgmt sign ups – 6 PM next week
– 2/28 – IOLS training overnight for parents
– Camp Balboa 3/28 wknd for new scouts. :O
– Not getting new e mails- see Mrs. Lee
– Cooking Badge sign up with mr Clark
– Summer Camp is sign up now, price is $450, deposit $100, checks go
to Dr. Harmon
– Service Credit and helping out on eagle projects 2/15 Les Tern Habitat
SiC is Aragon and AiC Dr. Harmon
– Jim announced Food Bank event 9-11:30 this Saturday with carpool at
Ashley falls 8:30 meet time
– CoH on 2/11/14 Finish those blue cards and conferences, yo!
– Scoutmaster minute: Listening for team to perform just like Chargers
timeout….out of time for Simon says…
Attendance (Those who signed sheet)!
Aragon Edwin Thompson Cole Alex C. Rory Colin
Quin Something Gabe Edward Brandon Harmon
Evan Ben Junmin Nate Spencer Miguel Jim
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Xmas Caroling Feedback 🙂
– I liked making old people happy – Gabe!
– I liked happy people – Miguel!
– I liked the hat – Alex!
– It was fun – Nicholas!
– I liked ruling over my peasants – Cole!
– Basketball Game is coming up :O !
– Food Bank – Jan 18 – SIC’s are Jim and Rory!
– Lake Arrowhead Summer camp – Circle X – July 26 – by Feb have a $100 deposit!
– We are doing a New Years Resolution Contest and an electronic copy will be coming
as soon as I receive it.
Scribe Notes 8/6/13
Scribe Notes 7/30
(Thank you Miguel for taking notes for me)Attendance
ThompsonNotesBefore meeting we picked up trash(including some pretty interesting trash)
Got new troop class b’s
Exploding squirrels gave skills instruction on proper care of stoves
Assigned sic’s for events
Played Gaga (Miguel, Aragon, and Chris won)Summer camp on Sunday!
So pack and get ready to have the wors-I mean…BEST time ever!
Scribe Notes 7/9/13
Happy 4th of July weekend
- We are picking up trash next meeting for service hours
- Bring work gloves unless you like picking up trash with your bare hands
- You can wear Class B’s to meetings now or Class A if you really want to show scout spirit
- New class B shirts and jackets will be here in two weeks
- Shirts will be $10
- We will be playing Ga-Ga at meeting more often during the summer 🙂
Things we did
- Gnarly Narwhals did a skills instruction on setting up a tent (which is something EVERY self respecting scout should know)
- Played 2 games of Gaga (Chris won both times)
- Assigned SIC’s for events
- We have many events planned but if no one signs up to be in charge for them, they will be cancelled. And we like events!
- If you are having trouble contacting people in your patrol, call them instead of just emailing. People feel guiltier after ignoring calls than emails. Trust me.
- You can wear Class B to meetings now. No Class C’s! (regular clothes not affiliated with BSA)
Scribe Notes Patrol meeting 6/11/13
6/4/13 General Meeting
- Take first aid seriously because one day someone might actually need it (like me)
- We tied Camporee
- Broke up into patrols to plan Troop feast meals
- Never mind! Troop feast POSTPONED!
- Orienteering first class requirement(may be part of a hike)
- Rock Climbing merit badge
- Night Hike
- Deep Sea fishing merit badge (campout)
- Go Kart
- La Jolla cove Beach day
- Field day
- Iron Mountain Hike
- Mt. Woodson Hike
- Whitney Hike
- Camp Pendleton Bike
- Shooting Sports weekend
- Whitewater rafting
- Snow Camp
- Drink lots of water
- Be careful with knives (real careful)
- And always have your first aid kit
Scribe Notes 5/28/13 (PLC)